1.1.09

H.P. Lovecraft



I'm currently reading At the Mountains of Madness and am flabbergasted by Lovecraft's writing abilities. Although he's a very important figure in sci-fi lit and one the most famous writers of the twentieth century, this is the first book I've read of his. It's a fairly short book and I'm about a thrid of the way through it. It's the story of an expedition to Antarctica by a group of scientists, biologists, geologists, grad students, and grunts that are intending to dig through the ice and rock for ancient soil samples. While there, among the curiously perfect weather conditions, a large portion of the team stumbles upon some strange artifacts and biological specimens. Anyways, I won't go any further, partly because I'M only a little further. Rumor has it that Del Torro (Hell Boy 2, Pan's Labrynth) will be directing his take on the horror classic sometime in the near future; I guess after the release of The Hobbit ? Here's some reviews of his script. One and Two.

No comments: