25.5.09

Just typing...



I feel a change a'comin over me
Somethin' rude approachin' unapologetically.
It bends my bones, and redefines
The man behind the achin' eyes.

Internal dialouge gnawed relentlessly at the feet of my time,
But has made it's way unto another moving grave.
A youthful host of flesh, blood, and mistake;
One that catches only the cynical in it's wake.

Faith in the future, and faith in my body
To hold me patiently and carry me aimlessly
In the womb of futurity with spiritual fertility.
________________________

This is some form of a cowboy-esque philosophy that somehow resonates with eastern concepts as well. Acceptance and trust in experiential wisdom; using your own judgement and instict as your guide, not the expectations or standards set by others. This is what I'm coming to, and what will one day embody, hopefully. Someone who is confident and faithful enough to trust himself at all times, otherwise you're treading water in a pool you've made; creating your own undertow.

p.s. thats not my drawing, I found it here. link

No comments: