28.6.09

Way of the Peaceful Warrior


Hello world, I've recently picked a book by Dan Millman entitled Way of the Peaceful Warrior. It's been a very strange experience reading this book; the situation of the protagonist, who also happens to be the author of this semi-fictitious autobiographical novel, resonates with this point in my life to the point where I'm convinced I wasn't suppose to read it until now. I actually remember seeing this book several times in the past at book stores, even vocalizing the title to myself, but not until have I peered into it.

The book is about Dan in his junior year in college. He becomes depressed, lost, and unfulfilled with the life he has led, and is baffled at why. One night he wanders the streets of San Fransisco and comes across a man at a gas station,(Although this is where it ceases to parallel my life, it's also where it gets interesting). The man becomes his mentor, teaching him to become more than just an athlete, or a great student, even more than a man. He begins picking his mind in a Zen fashion, and leading him to a life in which unconditional happiness and intrinsic awareness are all that are sought.

I haven't finished just yet, but I'm already so eager to read it again.

I'd recommend this book not just to anyone, but everyone.

No comments: